Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Banned Permanently on all chatlands? COPPA may by why

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluu
Bluu

Banned Permanently on all chatlands? COPPA may by why Empty
PostSubject: Banned Permanently on all chatlands? COPPA may by why   Banned Permanently on all chatlands? COPPA may by why Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 2:13 am

Banned On Chatlands for Underage

As an administrator and admin of my own chatland, I have noticed a lot of users sending in problem tickets about being banned on Sirisola. Some of these bans were issued by Wolfhome, and were a chatwide permanent ban. These are most often caused by users who lie about their age and who are under the age of 13. Although Sirisola allows all ages, once you lie about your age to come online you are breaking our rules you agreed to, and you are also breaking the law. If a Wolfhome or chatland admin finds out you are under the age of 13 and lying about your age to come onto Wolfhome and other chats they will permaban you from all chatlands. So far only Wolfhome that I know of has the ability to permaban users from all chatlands, so if you do get permabanned please send your problem tickets to wolfhome.

What is COPPA?

The law that Administrators have to follow is called COPPA, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act. Here is a page showing COPPA and what it is.

Always Sign up with Correct Age

This law means that if an administrator catches you lying about your age you will be permabanned. We have to do it by law or else chatlands can face consequences. Please sign up with the correct age to protect chatlands and yourself. It is important to tell the truth from the beginning instead of lie. If you lie you know the consequences.

How can I get Unbanned?

If you do get banned it is not the end of your stay on chatlands. If your parents kindly send in an email or problem ticket to Wolfhome, saying they give you permission to go onto Wolfhome and other chatlands that are 13+, you may be unbanned. So make sure to ask your parents to do that for you if they allow you to come on. Make sure your parents know to send a professional message or email to the administrators. You must have parent consent to come onto chatlands if you are under the age of 13. Please remember this.

Admins Trained to find out real ages

Administrators have a trained eye to investigate users who seem underage. Please understand that even if you are discrete about it administrators will most likely find out. Administrators will ban you upon evidence of your age, such as you telling your friends your real age, having your real age posted on your sniffs, etc. If it is younger than 13, or it is different than your sign up age, you will face consequences. Do not sign up with ages meant to be a joke, such as over 120 years old or 1 years old etc. This is also lying and you can face consequences.

Conclusion

This message was meant to protect and help the users on chatlands who are under the age of 13. Remember you can still get a second chance if you have your parents message the administrators. If you are unbanned, perhaps it is best to make a new account with the correct age and remember to always tell the truth when signing up on chatlands, and other websites.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Reacher
Reacher

PostSubject: Re: Banned Permanently on all chatlands? COPPA may by why   Banned Permanently on all chatlands? COPPA may by why Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 1:39 pm

I don't understand how someone who is committed to chatlands can lie about their age. I tell my friends about school and a bunch of other things that I do outside of chats, which most of the time infers my age as well.
Back to top Go down
Bloodiath
Bloodiath

PostSubject: Re: Banned Permanently on all chatlands? COPPA may by why   Banned Permanently on all chatlands? COPPA may by why Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 8:56 pm

Most people make the mistake when they are younger and never really make a new account to fix it. I've seen that in a lot of cases, as well as in younger users in general who are just always itching to get into rooms and places they aren't meant to be allowed into. Sometimes I feel they forget it's for their own good and protection and not because we want to stop them from having fun =(
Back to top Go down
http://thebloodymess.deviantart.com/
Reacher
Reacher

PostSubject: Re: Banned Permanently on all chatlands? COPPA may by why   Banned Permanently on all chatlands? COPPA may by why Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 8:58 pm

Yeah, you make a good point :c
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banned Permanently on all chatlands? COPPA may by why   Banned Permanently on all chatlands? COPPA may by why Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Banned Permanently on all chatlands? COPPA may by why
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Library :: Announcements-
Jump to: